IDC's European Cloud Strategies service acts as a focal point for all European cloud research to provide a high-level overview for the region. It spans cloud in its entirety, including public and private cloud as well as cloud infrastructure and services research. The service focuses on how the cloud opportunity is progressing across Europe and the specific challenges faced by providers in the region. The product examines the total market opportunity for cloud, investigating new solutions and approaches, emerging business models and vendors, and its impact on individual ICT industry sectors.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Private and public cloud services markets
- Cloud user spending intentions
- Cloud services adoption and use cases
- Changing competitive landscape for ICT hardware, software, and service providers in a cloud-centric market
- European Cloud Market Assessment Perspective (MAP)
- Cloud Futurescape: European Implications, 2018
- European Cloud Hardware Spending Analysis
- European Private and Public Cloud Market Size and Forecast, 2018–2022
- European Cloud Readiness: What is holding organisations back?
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key drivers for cloud and which workloads are considered for cloud? How is that expected to change and what are the implications for choice of cloud types?
- Will line of business be the dominant accelerator for cloud?
- How much will users spend on cloud? What is the cloud business opportunity for hardware, software, and services IT for the cloud?
- What changes are expected for traditional hardware, services, and software suppliers? Who will lead in enabling other companies to deliver cloud services, and what will ecosystems look like?
- What should end users do to get the most out of cloud? How does cloud fit into and integrate with the wider IT landscape?
Akamai Technologies AB,
BT Group plc,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Citrix Systems GmbH in Liquidation,
Computer Sciences Corporation,
Parallels International GmbH,
Verizon Communications, Inc.,
ZETTA SYSTEMS. INC.,