IDC's European Cloud Strategies service acts as a focal point for all European cloud research to provide a high-level overview for the region. It spans cloud in its entirety, including public and private cloud as well as cloud infrastructure and services research. The service focuses on how the cloud opportunity is progressing across Europe and the specific challenges faced by providers in the region. The product examines the total market opportunity for cloud, investigating new solutions and approaches, emerging business models and vendors, and its impact on individual ICT industry sectors.
European Cloud Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Private and public cloud services market size and forecast
- How cloud accelerates Digital Transformation, IoT, AI and DevOps
- Cloud and networking
- Cloud adoption by vertical
- Cloud and security and privacy
- Barriers to cloud adoption and how to overcome them
- Cloud services adoption and use cases and spending intentions
- Changing competitive landscape for ICT hardware, software, and service providers in a cloud-centric market, based on IDC's public cloud tracker, cloud infrastructure tracker and services research
- European Cloud Market Assessment Perspective (MAP)
- Cloud FutureScape: European Implications, 2019
- European Cloud Infrastructure Market Analysis
- Why cloud adoption is different in Europe
- European Private and Public Cloud 2018 Market Analysis and Forecast, 2019–2023
- Cloud Usage in various industries: healthcare, government, manufacturing, retail
- How are innovative companies using cloud?
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is cloud adoption different in Europe? What are the drivers?
- What is the impact of the move towards cloud native applications on cloud usage, IT infrastructure and DevOps processes?
- Which use cases and applications are moving to the cloud?
- How much will users spend on cloud? What is the cloud business opportunity for hardware, software, and IT services for the cloud?
- How do cloud security, data privacy and code of conducts need to evolve to keep up with cloud developments?
AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Adobe Systems Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Appirio Inc., BMC Software, Inc., BT Group plc, CA Technologies, Inc., Canonical Group Limited, CenturyLink, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, Compuware Corporation, Dell EMC, Dell Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Elastra Kattematerjali AS, Facebook, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, GoGrid LLC, Google Inc., HYPERIC INC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Interoute Communications Ltd., Intuit Inc., Joyent, Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., Kenexa Corporation, Keynote Systems, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NTT, NetApp, Inc., New Relic, Inc., Novell, Inc., OVH Groupe S.A.S, OpSource, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Parallels International GmbH, Pivotal Software, Inc., Quanta Cloud Technology Co., Ltd., Rackspace Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Rightscale Inc., SAP SE, Salary.com, Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Skytap, Inc., SoftLayer Technologies, Inc. / SoftLayer Technologies Inc., Symantec Corporation, TIBCO Software Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Telefonica S.A., Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, WEBEX, INC., Wistron Corporation, Workday, Inc., Zetta AS, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.