Cloud is the foundation for digital transformation, the digital platform and ecosystem-based innovation. IDC's European Cloud Strategies service acts as a focal point for all European cloud research to provide a high-level overview for the region. It spans cloud in its entirety, including public and private cloud as well as cloud infrastructure and services research. The service focuses on how the cloud opportunity is progressing across Europe and the specific challenges faced by end-user organizations and providers in the region. The product examines the total market opportunity for cloud, investigating new solutions and approaches, emerging business models and vendors, and its impact on individual ICT industry sectors.
European Cloud Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Private and public cloud services market size and forecast
- Cloud in Europe. How does the EU view cloud? Focus on H-Cloud and Gaia-X
- Which workloads are moving to the cloud? Focus on enterprise application migration strategies and SAP S/4 HANA
- Which cloud-intensive use cases will customers invest in? Focus on IoT, AI and DX
- Cloud and sustainability: Focus on hyperscaler sustainability initiatives
- Changing competitive landscape for ICT hardware, software, and service providers in a cloud-centric market, based on IDC's public cloud tracker
- European Cloud Market Assessment Perspective (MAP)
- Cloud FutureScape: European Implications, 2021
- Why cloud adoption is different in Europe
- European Private and Public Cloud 2020 Market Analysis and Forecast, 2021–2025
- Application migration plans into the Public cloud: challenges and successes
- Cloud-intensive use cases in IoT, DX, AI
- How are innovative companies using cloud?
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is cloud adoption different in Europe? What are the drivers?
- Which applications are moving to the cloud and at which rate?
- Which use cases are running on the cloud?
- How much will users spend on cloud? What is the cloud business opportunity for hardware, software, and IT services for the cloud?
- How do cloud security, data privacy and code of conducts need to evolve to keep up with cloud developments?
1&1 IONOS Inc., AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Adobe Systems Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Apptio Inc., BMC Software, Inc., BT Group plc, Box, Inc., Broadcom Inc., Canonical Group Limited, Cegedim SA, CenturyLink Inc., Cherwell Software LLC, Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Colt Group S.A., Dell EMC, Deutsche Telekom AG, Dropbox Inc., Dynatrace LLC, Flexera Software, Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi Vantara LLC, IBM, Interoute Communications Ltd., Juniper Networks, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NTT Communications Corporation, NetApp, Inc., New Relic, Inc., OVH Groupe S.A.S, OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Parallels International GmbH, Rackspace Technology Global, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Rightscale Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Symantec Corporation, T-Systems International GmbH, TIBCO Software Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Telefonica S.A., Unit4 NV, VMware, Inc., Veeva Systems Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Visma AS, Vodafone Group Plc, Wix.com Ltd., Workday, Inc., Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.