IDC Manufacturing Insights' Service Innovation and Connected Products Strategies research practice examines key trends, technologies, and best practices in optimizing the customer and service life cycles for manufacturers, leveraging the Internet of Things (IoT) and connected products to support aftersales strategies, transforming field service operations, managing warranty operations, and providing the customer with a unified brand experience for the life of the relationship. Manufacturers are looking to exploit advanced service offerings such as cognitive learning, 3D printing for spare parts, augmented reality for field service, and remote monitoring and predictive maintenance to support the assets that are in their customers' hands and increase visibility and quality, improve service delivery, expand customer centricity, create new business models, and optimize the services workforce.
IDC Manufacturing Insights' Service Innovation and Connected Products Strategies advisory service focuses on the challenges facing executives who are under pressure to reflect the growing demand for greater customer centricity in their service life cycle through better responsiveness and value-added services that generate profitable revenue streams. The practice develops unique analysis through focused primary and secondary research, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, executives, and practitioners, as well as IT product and services vendors. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with industry insiders to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to help executives make better-informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Best practices in customer experience, service innovation, and connected products to improve service readiness, increase responsiveness, differentiate from competitors, and increase revenue
- IoT ecosystem for connected products, connected services, product service systems, and product service networks
- Reliability-centric, condition-based, and predictive maintenance technologies and capability maturity models
- Governance models, performance metrics, and technology adoption of field service, customer support, warranty, and service organizations
- Field service and workforce management approaches to optimize field service resources and support geographically diverse operations
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the best practices used by leading companies to identify new service revenue opportunities to maximize customer life-cycle value and mitigate risk associated with product revenue declines?
- How do enterprises adopt new technologies, such as IoT, mobile devices, M2M technologies, augmented reality, and 3D printing, in their service operations, and how are they leveraging data analytics to create meaningful and leverageable knowledge?
- How can service organizations assess their capabilities maturity level, and what tools are available to develop a road map for improvement?
- How do service organizations articulate a business case to justify investments in technologies that enable service innovation and connected services?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Manufacturing Insights' Service Innovation and Connected Products Strategies advisory service is ideally suited to support the needs of:
- Product companies looking for advanced service and diagnostics technologies and business models to improve product value and differentiation and increase service revenue
- Asset owners seeking to optimize service life-cycle management and considering product service systems
- Executives and IT groups supporting service, warranty, and quality programs and initiatives in the manufacturing industry
- Technology providers and systems integrators looking to gain additional insight into the key challenges facing manufacturers and IDC Manufacturing Insights' recommended actions for addressing them