IDC's Worldwide and United States Datacenter Deployment Model is a semiannual pivot table–style data product that provides datacenter installed base and new build, rebuild, and spending trends by datacenter type and ownership. The product provides details on the worldwide and U.S. datacenter markets including space, power, and rack capacities.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- Datacenter ownership: Service provider and enterprise
- Datacenter size: Localized, midtier, high end, and mega
- Construction approach: Traditional and modular, new build and rebuild
- Annualized spend: Datacenter facility and critical infrastructure
- Available power capacity
- Rack capacity
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 53 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, the rest of Asia/Pacific, the rest of CEE, the rest of Latin America, the rest of the Middle East and Africa, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam
- Changes in datacenter white space and power and rack capacities
- Changes in power requirements for new datacenter construction
- Pace of shift from internal to service provider datacenters
- Growing importance of IT service in edge locations
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Content is delivered via IDC.com as a pivot table attachment. Coverage includes semiannual forecast data:
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which datacenter types are growing the fastest?
- How are AI, ML, and edge IT changing datacenter capacity and power density requirements?
- What is the annual spend on datacenter facilities?
- What impact are next-gen technologies such as flash, convergence, and software-defined infrastructure having on datacenters?
- How are power requirements changing for new datacenter construction?
IDC's Worldwide and United States Datacenter Deployment Model examines how IT, power, HCAC hardware, software, and managed service providers as well as hosting/colocation/cloud service providers are positioning themselves to compete in the evolving datacenter marketplace. This product supports the development of strategies, market positioning, and future directions for providers and users of datacenter technologies and facilities including:
AWS, CoreSite, CyrusOne, Cyxtera, Digital Realty Trust, Equinix, Flexential, Google, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei, IBM, Intel, Interxion, Lenovo, Microsoft, Oracle, Panduit, Raritan, ServerTech, Schneider Electric, and VMware
Program Vice President, Datacenter and Support Services