IDC's Worldwide and United States Datacenter Deployment Model is a semiannual pivot table–style data product that provides a datacenter (DC) consumption and spending model across a number of datacenter types and technologies. The product will cover worldwide and U.S. datacenter markets, with follow-on companion regional products.
Worldwide and United States Datacenter Deployment Model
This product covers the following segments of the worldwide and U.S. datacenter markets:
- Datacenter ownership: Service provider and enterprise
- Datacenter size: Micro datacenters, midtier DC, high-end DC, mega DC, and hyperscale DC
- Construction approach (modular versus bespoke)
- Installed capacity: Server, storage, and networking ports
- Net-new capacity: Server, storage, and networking ports
- Annualized spend: DC infrastructure, facilities, and staff
- Average usable power capacity in new datacenter builds by type
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Changes in usable DC square footage
- Changes in server and storage density
- Changes in power requirements for new datacenter construction
- Pace of shift from internal to service provider DCs
- Growing importance of IT deployment in edge locations
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which datacenter types are growing the fastest?
- What impact are 3rd Platform use cases having on enterprise and service provider datacenter capacity and IT density?
- What is the annualized spend on datacenters across infrastructure, facilities, and staff?
- What impact are next-gen technologies such as flash, convergence, and SDX having on datacenters?
- What power requirements are needed in new construction?
Increasing Efficiency in the Datacenter
Timely Delivery and Support
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Content is delivered via IDC.com as a pivot table attachment. Coverage includes historical data and semiannual forecast data:
Smart IT-Enabled Datacenters
Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Nlyte Software Limited, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Panduit Corp., Schneider Electric, VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc.