IDC's Worldwide and United States Datacenter Deployment Model is a semiannual pivot table–style data product that provides datacenter installed base, new build, rebuild, and spending trends by datacenter type and ownership. The product provides details on the worldwide and U.S. datacenter markets including space, power, and rack capacities.
Worldwide and United States Datacenter Deployment Model
This product covers the following segments of the worldwide and U.S. datacenter markets:
- Datacenter ownership: Service provider and enterprise
- Datacenter size: Localized, midtier, high end, and mega
- Construction approach: Traditional and modular, new build and rebuild
- Annualized spend: Datacenter facility and critical infrastructure
- Available power capacity
- Rack capacity
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Changes in datacenter white space and power and rack capacities
- Changes in power requirements for new datacenter construction
- Pace of shift from internal to service provider datacenters
- Growing importance of IT service in edge locations
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Content is delivered via IDC.com as a pivot table attachment. Coverage includes semiannual forecast data:
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which datacenter types are growing the fastest?
- How are AI, ML, and edge IT changing datacenter capacity and power density requirements?
- What is the annual spend on datacenter facilities?
- What impact are next-gen technologies such as flash, convergence, and software-defined infrastructure having on datacenters?
- How are power requirements changing for new datacenter construction?
Amazon Web Services Inc., CoreSite Realty Corporation, CyrusOne LLC, Cyxtera Technologies, Inc., Digital Realty Trust, Inc., Equinix Inc., Flexential Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Interxion Holdings NV, Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Panduit Corp., Raritan Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Server Technology, Inc., VMware, Inc.