Government digital transformation requires a new approach in creating and delivering products or services with increased agility, flexibility, and scalability. Digital approaches are characterized by the use of at least one, but most often more than one, of the 3rd Platform enabling technologies: cloud services, Big Data and analytics, mobility, or social technologies. Digital transformation involves a relative increase in the speed with which services or information can be created or consumed. Challenges include the increasing complexity of both the technology and the mission environment requiring CIOs and line-of-business organizations to work more closely with a broader spectrum and growing number of vendors and external providers to successfully achieve outcomes. Many governmental agencies are deploying digital technologies coupled with organizational, operational, and business model innovation to create new ways of operating and delivering services and information.
This United States Government Digital Transformation Strategies research advisory service provides insights into government digital transformation. This service uses case studies, survey data, and best practices in 3rd Platform deployment and use of innovation accelerators such as IoT, cognitive systems, and robotics. Thought leadership pieces such as IDC MaturityScapes, IDC MaturityScape Benchmarks, IDC PeerScapes, IDC PlanScapes, and IDC MarketScapes are centerpieces of this service.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Digital transformation, implementation and strategies to improve adoption and derive value from these new technologies
- Government cloud computing and Big Data maturity and adoption trends
- How government agencies increase citizen, partner, and agency engagement through digital channels
- How vendors can assist agencies in achieving programmatic outcomes, with evidence-based results
- The nature of the changing government workplace, IT and tangential workforce management, and skills required for successful digital transformation
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are government agencies approaching and implementing new technology solutions?
- How are agencies deploying these new technologies to improve performance, and can this lead to a focus on outcomes?
- What are winning strategies for working more closely with a broader spectrum and growing number of vendors and external providers to successfully achieve digital transformation?
- How can agencies share data across ecosystems to leverage resources and holistically provide services?
- Which innovative technologies are shifting the way government agencies conduct business?
Who Should Subscribe
This service is ideally suited to government technology buyers, government line-of-business decision makers, and technology vendors that need an up-to-date understanding of government use cases, maturity in adopting new technologies, insights into best practices, and relevant and timely advice on steps to take to improve mission effectiveness.