IDC's Advanced Technology for Intelligent Connected Systems program explores emerging technologies that are gaining momentum and could have a disruptive impact on the billions of intelligent connected systems that are being designed and deployed across numerous markets. This research focuses on providing an assessment of the fundamental technology and technology supplier strategies and gauging what the inflection point of each technology is in a given system market.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Key trends in the R&D, materials, development, and management of advanced technologies
- Partnerships and ecosystems that have, and will form, to pursue advanced technologies in semiconductors, algorithms, software, and other components
- TAM forecast analysis of key technologies
- The impact of advanced technologies on the value of ecosystem participants and end markets
- Market forecast for the impact of these new advanced technologies in the compute, mobile, infrastructure, consumer, automotive, and other embedded markets. Advanced technologies covered include computer vision, sensors and sensor fusion, advanced power management and energy technologies for systems, and 5G
- Advanced Technologies Assessment: Computer Vision
- IDC TechScape: Advanced Technologies
- Survey of Emerging Technologies
- Advanced Technologies Opportunity Forecast: 2017–2022
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will advanced technologies impact intelligent connected systems, and which end markets will be impacted by these advanced technologies?
- What is the future road map for key advanced technologies, and when will they become commercially viable?
- How are semiconductors, software, and other technologies evolving, and what new features and benefits will be brought to the market?
- Which advanced technologies are key suppliers working on, who are they working with, and which are likely to succeed in the market?
- Which technologies do I need to invest in, and who should I partner with to take advantage of these technology developments?
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.,
Altran Technologies SA.,
CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Imagination Technologies Group plc,
MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY INCORPORATED,
NXP Semiconductors N.V.,
Renesas Electronics Corporation,
Seiko Epson Corp.