IDC has introduced coverage of product engineering and operational technology services, which has become even more prominent in the past year because of increased Internet of Things (IoT) and Industry 4.0 implementations. It is anticipated that the Product Engineering and Operational Technology Services CIS will be the foundation for market research related to all operational technologies, a large space adjacent to IDC's deep coverage of the IT industry.
Product Engineering and Operational Technology Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The Product Engineering and Operational Technology Services CIS will analyze the R&D/product engineering processes associated with the creation and management of a product, as well as those services associated with maximizing the life span and optimizing the yield associated with technologically complex products or assets. This research area has become more prominent in the past year given the increased interest in IoT and Industry 4.0 implementations. Users of this service will benefit from deeper insights about end-user demand for product engineering services, spending intentions, a worldwide spending forecast, thought leadership related to digital technologies influencing the growth for product engineering and operational technology services and a series of vendor profiles. This service will analyze a whole new range of buyers and suppliers not directly associated with the IT function, such as research and development, product development, and VP of engineering and specialty product engineering services vendors. Note: Traditional IT suppliers that provide product engineering services will also be analyzed.
- Worldwide and U.S. product engineering services forecast and analysis
- Worldwide product engineering services vendor competitive analysis
- Buyer adoption patterns and spending intentions for product engineering services
- Buyer case studies and vendor profiles of product engineering services initiatives
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the emerging market trends with respect to product engineering services?
- What strategies are firms adopting, and how are they adjusting their capabilities to respond to new market needs?
- Which firms can best leverage the increasing market demand for product engineering services?
- Why has IoT become an innovation accelerator for product engineering services?
- How can buyer organizations evaluate which product engineering services providers to consider either for product development or for overall operational technology process transformation?
ALTEN S.A., Accenture plc, Altran Technologies SA, Atos S.A., Bertrandt AG, Capgemini Services SAS, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Cybage Software, Cyient Ltd., DXC Technology Co., Dassault Systemes SE, Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, EPAM Systems Inc., Ernst & Young Global Limited, Fujitsu Limited, General Electric Company, Genpact Ltd., GlobalEdge Software, GlobalLogic Inc., Globant S.A., HCL, Happiest Minds Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Harman International Industries Inc., Hughes Systique Corporation, IBM, ITC Infotech Ltd., Infogain Corp., Infosys Limited, Innominds Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd., KPIT Technologies Limited, KPMG International, L&T Technology Services Ltd., Lightbend Inc., Luxoft, MindTree Limited, NTT DATA Corporation, Ness Group LLC, Pactera Technology International Ltd., Persistent Systems, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, QuEST Global Services Pte. Ltd., R Systems Inc., Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, SoftServe Inc., Sonata Software Ltd., Talentica Software India Pvt. Ltd., Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tata Group, Tech Mahindra Limited, Wipro Limited, Xoriant Corp., eInfochips