IDC covers hardware, software, and semiconductor product engineering and operational technology (OT) services (Industry 4.0), which have become increasingly critical because of the accelerated deployment of digital engineering technologies including Internet of Things (IoT), Industry 4.0 implementations, AR/VR, computer vision, robotics/autonomous systems, 5G, edge, digital thread/twins, and other next-generation digital technology–related services. It is anticipated that the worldwide Digital Engineering and Operational Technology Services CIS will be the foundation for market research related to all technologies that will enable customers to envision and build better technology products/platforms, get their products to market faster, achieve high-end customer satisfaction, modernize, and infuse resiliency into their operations.
Digital Engineering and Operational Technology Services
Meet the Experts
Associate Research Manager, Digital Engineering and Operational Technology Services
Research Vice President, Digital Engineering and Operational Technology Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
The Digital Engineering and Operational Technology Services CIS will analyze the R&D/product engineering processes associated with the creation and management of a product/platform, as well as those services associated with maximizing the life span and optimizing the yield associated with technologically complex products or assets. This research area has become more prominent, given the increased interest and adoption in digital engineering implementations.
As customers aspire to get their products to market faster and build resiliency into their operations, they are seeing immense value in engineering services providers' global infrastructure, diverse digital/engineering talent, domain engineering expertise and experience, technology partnerships, intellectual property, and many other benefits. Users of this IDC CIS service will benefit from deeper insights about end-user demand for product engineering services, spending intentions, a worldwide spending forecast, and thought leadership related to digital technologies influencing the growth for digital engineering and operational technology services. This service will analyze a whole new range of customer roles such as research and development, product development, VP of engineering, and specialty product engineering services vendors.
Note: Traditional IT service providers that offer product engineering and OT services are also included in the analysis.
- Worldwide and U.S. Digital Engineering and OT Services Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Digital Engineering and OT Services Vendor Competitive Analysis
- Increased Focus on New and Emerging Digital Engineering Services Related Topics that Have Higher Growth Potential
- Buyer Adoption Patterns and Spending Intentions for Digital Engineering and OT Services
- Buyer Case Studies and Vendor Profiles of Digital Engineering and OT Services Initiatives
- Survey Data and Analysis Related to Topics Such as IoT Services, Customer Buying Behavior, and Others
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the emerging market trends with respect to digital engineering and operational technology services?
- What strategies are firms adopting, and how are they adjusting their capabilities to respond to new market needs?
- Which firms can best leverage the increasing market demand for digital engineering and operational technology services?
- How are new digital technologies in combination with traditional engineering services helping customers accelerate innovation and build resilient operations?
- How can buyer organizations evaluate which engineering services providers to consider either for product development or for overall operational technology process transformation?
- AKKA Technologies Group
- ALTEN S.A.
- ASPIRE SYSTEMS, INC.
- Accenture plc
- Altran Technologies SA
- Atos SE
- Bertrandt AG
- Capgemini Services SAS
- Centific Global Solutions Inc.
- Cigniti Technologies Limited
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation
- Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd.
- Cyient Ltd.
- DXC Technology Co.
- Deloitte LLP
- EPAM Systems Inc.
- Endava PLC
- Ernst & Young Global Limited
- Fujitsu Limited
- Genpact Ltd.
- Globant S.A.
- HCL Technologies Limited
- Happiest Minds Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Harman International Industries, Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Infogain Corp.
- Infosys Limited
- Innominds Software Private Limited
- KPIT Technologies Limited
- KPMG International
- L&T Technology Services Ltd.
- LTIMindtree Limited
- McKinsey & Company
- MphasiS Limited
- NTT DATA Corporation
- Ness Group LLC
- Persistent Systems
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- QuEST Global Services Pte. Ltd.
- R Systems Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd.
- SoftServe Inc.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Tata Elxsi Limited
- Tata Technologies Limited
- Tech Mahindra Limited
- Tieto Corporation
- Wipro Limited
- Xoriant Corp.
- eInfochips Pvt. Ltd.