IDC's Enabling Technologies: Wireless and Mobile Connectivity service provides a wholistic view of the connectivity semiconductor market across wireless connectivity (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 802.15.4, NFC, and UWB) and mobile connectivity (LPWA, cellular IoT, and 4G, 5G, and 6G cellular) technologies. Historical and market forecasts are included for chipset shipments by dozens of end-market segments across end-user devices and IoT products in various vertical markets. Mobile phone semiconductor market share and forecasts for application and baseband processors, transceivers, power amplifiers, RF front end, and mmWave modules are also included. This research will answer questions about which technologies will survive as they evolve and encroach on the space typically occupied by competing or complementary technologies.
Enabling Technologies: Wireless and Mobile Connectivity
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Wireless connectivity baseband chips — shipment forecasts and market share for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Wireless connectivity includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 802.15.4, NFC, and UWB
- Mobile connectivity baseband chips — shipment forecasts and market share
- Mobile connectivity includes 2G through 6G air interfaces
- Mobile phone application and baseband processors — shipments, revenue, shipment and revenue market share
- Mobile phone transceivers and RF components — revenue and revenue market share
- Worldwide Wi-Fi Chipset Market Shares
- Worldwide Mobile Connectivity Chipset Market Shares
- Worldwide Mobile Phone Semiconductor Market Shares
- Worldwide Mobile Phone Semiconductor Forecast
- Worldwide Wi-Fi Connectivity Technologies Forecast
- Worldwide Cellular Connectivity Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will evolving technologies take share of existing technologies in certain product types?
- How is the revenue mix shifting from processors to RF, especially with sub-6GHz 5G and mmWave 5G?
- Which are the dominant wireless connectivity baseband vendors? Mobile baseband vendors? RF front-end vendors?
- What are the trends for standalone, combo, and integrated wireless connectivity chips?
- Which Wi-Fi protocols are dominant in which product types?
- How will Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 6E, and Wi-Fi 7 change the market for Wi-Fi in various vertical markets?
- How is the market being affected by COVID-19? The United States–China trade war? The Russia-Ukraine War? Semiconductor shortages?
- ARM Limited
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Broadcom Inc.
- HiSilicon Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Intel Corporation
- MediaTek Inc.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Nordic Semiconductor ASA
- ON Semiconductor Corporation
- Peraso Technologies, Inc.
- Qorvo Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp
- Silicon Laboratories Inc.
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Unisoc (Shanghai) Technologies Co. Ltd.