Citizens expect Efficient, Trusted, Highly Responsive, Inclusive, and Convenient (ETHIC) public services. To deliver on the new ETHIC of public services, government must provide a personalized, consistent experience that aligns with the citizens' needs based on the type and urgency, their location, and the ability to complete a transaction from end to end. Government agencies at central, regional, and city levels have in response been adopting modern technologies and process changes to better orchestrate service delivery and meet these new demands. And they have started to leverage data as a strategic asset for evidence-based policy making, service management orchestration, and operational effectiveness and as a trigger for economic development. IDC Government Insights: European Government Citizen Services provides a framework for looking at how digital transformation is driving change to citizen expectations, preferences, and behavior and how government agencies are adopting modern technologies to address these new demands.
IDC Government Insights: European Government Citizen Services
IDC Government Insights: European Government Citizen Services provides insights into citizen-centric services. It builds its expertise and knowledge from survey data, use cases, and best practices garnered through primary and secondary research. Team members maintain ongoing communication with industry experts, government sector players, and technology vendors.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Best practices and use cases related to business practices and technologies aimed at delivering on the new ETHIC of public services
- Using data to inform decision making, engage transparently with constituents, and collaborate with the private sector
- Government citizen-centric investment priorities
- Analysis of new ICT-related regulations with an emphasis on the impact on government ICT spending
- Response of government agencies to major trends
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key market trends and challenges facing government customer operations and strategies in the years ahead?
- What is the impact of information technology investments on service delivery models of government agencies, and what modern technologies such as cloud, big data, or artificial intelligence are most relevant when implementing citizen-centric tools across government agencies?
- How are emerging business needs driving intelligent use of data in government?
- How do government executives approach the transformation of their citizen-centric toolset, and how do they reconcile the need for innovation with legacy management?
- How do government agencies try to improve their engagement with citizens and other uses of government services, and what technologies are they considering for doing so?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Government Insights: European Government Citizen Services is ideally suited to support government technology buyers, government line-of-business decision makers, and technology vendors that need an up-to-date understanding of government use cases, maturity in adopting modern technologies, insights into best practices, and relevant and timely advice on steps to take to improve the effectiveness of citizen experience.