The rapid shift to digital transformation drives enterprises to adopt new ways of working to achieve the business agility required for survival. This means ensuring the ability to deliver high quality applications at the speed of business. Across Europe organizations are shifting away from predominantly on-premise, monolithic, waterfall based IT, and are quickly embracing the world of cloud first, DevOps and agile delivery. This service identifies the investment opportunities and challenges in Europe resulting from this transition. Analyzing the future of cloud platform lifecycle services (including development paradigms, deployment strategies, integration /data services, opensource strategies), and DevOps for digital business (including tool usage, KPIs, automation strategies, and maturity levels). This service provides the basis for fact-based decisions for investments, resource allocation and go-to-market strategies, as well as for understanding the competitive landscape, evolving ecosystems and how to partner and differentiate. The service is targeted at executives of IT vendors across the IT stack from cloud platform, tools and middleware vendors to consultancies systems integrators and managed services providers.
European DevOps, Developers and Cloud Platform Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The new rules for application development and deployment in a cloud first world
- User attitudes towards cloud platforms and how to win the heart of the developer
- Investment and competitive positioning of cloud platform vendors
- DevOps enterprise maturity and strategies towards Enterprise scale DevOps (e.g. multi-cloud, automation, AI/Analytics, continuous delivery)
- End-user strategies, investment priorities and KPIs to enable cloud-first, DevOps and agile solution delivery – surveys and case studies
- Vendor approaches and offerings including cloud platforms, DevOps tool chains and related services
- Market size, forecast and vendor market shares for cloud platforms
- Market size and forecast for DevOps software and services spending
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Developers & DevOps 2019 Predictions - Western Europe Implications
- Buyer Priorities DevOps, Developer and Cloud Platform Strategies
- European DevOps Software and Services Forecast 2018-2023
- Western Europe Public Cloud Platform Forecast, 2018-2023
- Western Europe Public Cloud Platform Vendor Market Shares, 2018
- MAP: European Cloud Platform Services
- European Infrastructure Automation Strategies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the new rules for application development and deployment in Europe and how does this impact enterprise IT organizational structures, culture, processes, tools and skill sets?
- How mature are European organizations in terms of DevOps enablement and what investments are required to accelerate enterprise scale DevOps?
- What are user attitudes towards cloud platforms and how can platforms vendors win mind and marketshare?
- What is the impact of cloud first, DevOps and agile delivery on enterprise IT spending? Which vendors are positioned to play a leading role in transformation strategies?
- What strategies should vendors adopt and what partnerships should they be forming to help enterprise IT departments and the LOB transform to deliver superior business agility?