Companies need to create new digital platforms that allow them to collect, analyze, and share an ever-expanding range of data sets from internal systems, customers, and things. The vision for every digital platform is underpinned by modern software development and deploy strategies designed to sustain the competitive requirements of the 2020s. Modern software architecture has APIs, microservices, and containers as foundational technology components. As a result, European organizations embrace cloud-native, DevOps, and agile delivery. This service identifies investment opportunities and challenges in Europe resulting from this transition, analyzing the future of software dev and delivery, and the transition to enterprise-scale DevOps and cloud-native architectures. This service provides the basis for fact-based decisions for investments, resource allocation, and go-to-market strategies, as well as for understanding the competitive landscape, evolving ecosystems, and how to partner and differentiate. The service is targeted at executives of IT vendors across the IT stack from cloud platform, tools and middleware vendors to consultancies, systems integrators, and managed services providers.
European DevOps, Developers and Cloud Platform Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise readiness for modern software dev and delivery
- DevOps enterprise maturity and strategies towards enterprise-scale DevOps (e.g., multicloud, automation, AI/Analytics, continuous delivery)
- Challenges and appetite for cloud-native app development
- Developer attitudes, needs, and priorities
- Vendor approaches and offerings, including methodologies and practices, PaaS, DevOps tool chains and pipelines
- Regional software dev/delivery innovators
- Market size, forecast and vendor market shares for PaaS
- Market size and forecast and vendor market shares for DevOps software
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Developers & DevOps 2023 Predictions — European Implications
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Future of Digital Innovation 2023 Predictions — European Implications
- Buyer Priorities DevOps, and App Dev and Deploy Strategies
- European DevOps Software Tools Forecast 2021–2026
- European Public PaaS Forecast, 2021–2026
- European Public PaaS Vendor Market Shares, 2021
- MAP: European Modern App Delivery Platforms, 2022
- Europe DevOps Software Tools Market Shares, 2021
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How ready are European organizations for modern software dev and delivery and how does this impact enterprise IT organizational structures, culture, processes, tools, and skill sets?
- How mature are European organizations in terms of DevOps enablement and what investments are required to accelerate enterprise scale DevOps?
- What are user attitudes towards developer cloud platforms and how can vendors win mind and market share?
- What is the impact of cloud native, DevOps, and agile delivery on enterprise IT spending? Which vendors are positioned to play a leading role in software innovation strategies?
- What strategies should vendors adopt and what partnerships should they be forming to help enterprise IT departments and the LOB transform to deliver superior business agility?
Amazon Web Services Inc., Atlassian Pty Ltd., CircleCI Inc., CloudBees, Inc., Digital.ai Software Inc., Dynatrace LLC, GitLab B.V., Google LLC, Harness Inc., IBM, Mendix Inc., Microsoft Corporation, MongoDB Inc., Oracle Corporation, OutSystems S.A., Red Hat, Inc., SUSE Linux GmbH, Salesforce.com, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Siemens AG, VMware, Inc.