Technology service providers are under pressure to rapidly extend their capabilities beyond 2nd Platform services to 3rd Platform services while maintaining both revenue and profit. Customers wish to take advantage of emerging technologies to create competitive advantage but must maintain their existing systems in the short and medium term. Customers are also seeking a new type of relationship with their service providers, one based on agility, continuous innovation and collaboration. IDC's European Services Overview service tracks new developments in the demand-side and supply-side services landscape and provides a qualitative and quantitative view of the whole Western European services landscape.
European Services Overview
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Project-oriented services: IT consulting, business consulting,
- systems integration, custom application development, network
- consulting and integration services
- Outsourcing: IS (datacenter) outsourcing, application management,
- network and desktop outsourcing, hosted application management,
- hosting infrastructure services, and key horizontal BPO
- Training and support: hardware deploy and support, software deploy
- and support, and IT education and training
- Western European countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland,
- France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway,
- Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
- Current and future trends shaping services demand in Europe
- Competitive landscape of the European services market
- Industry demand drivers and trends
- End-user perceptions of services vendors
- Market sizing and growth rate by technology type, including emerging technologies.
- Commentary of evolving customer needs
- Playbooks addressing the key actions required for service businesses to adapt to key changes in the market
- Western European Services Market Forecasts, 2021–2025 (updated bi-annually, with pivot tables)
- Spending Priorities of European Organizations in 2021
- Investments in and Approaches to Digital Transformation
- Top 10 European IT Services Vendors: Competitive Analysis
- Top 30 Western European Services Vendors' Revenues and Market Shares, 2020
- Partnerships and Ecosystem maps
- IDC Links and Market Notes covering major events and trends
- Competitive Analysis of Vendors in Digital Transformation
- Analytics, AI and automation services.
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key actions services businesses must take to remain competitive?
- How should you prioritize your investment among emerging technologies?
- What is the demand for IT services and business services in Western Europe, and how will it grow over the next five years?
- What are the most important demand-side and supply-side trends and drivers in European services? How and why are they changing?
- How did the leading services companies perform in 2019?
- Which European services vendors currently have a competitive advantage, and why? What drives a competitive advantage?
- How do trends such as digital disruption, automation and cloud impact demand, and how will they change the competitive landscape?
- How do services vendors need to change to adapt to the new digital realities?
- How do service vendors engage in ecosystems and what does it mean for their success?
Accenture plc, Atos SE, BT Group plc, BearingPoint Holding BV, CGI Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Capita plc, Cloudreach Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, EVRY ASA, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Fujitsu Limited, HCL Technologies Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Infosys Limited, KPMG International, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Reply S.p.A., SAP SE, SapientRazorfish, Sopra Steria Group, T-Systems International GmbH, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Mahindra Limited, Tieto Corporation, Unisys Corporation, Wipro Limited, Xerox Corporation