The IT services and business services industries are under pressure to rapidly transform from 2nd Platform services to 3rd Platform services and using Innovation Accelerators while maintaining both revenue and profit: Clients wish to take advantage of digital technologies to improve their competitive positioning, but also want to keep existing IT going. IDC's European Services Overview service tracks new developments in the demand-side and supply-side services landscape and provides a qualitative and quantitative view of the whole Western European services landscape.
European Services Overview
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Project-oriented services: IT consulting, business consulting, systems integration, custom application development, network consulting and integration services
- Outsourcing: IS (datacenter) outsourcing, application management, network and desktop outsourcing, hosted application management, hosting infrastructure services, and key horizontal BPO
- Training and support: hardware deploy and support, software deploy and support, and IT education and training
- Western European countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
- Current and future trends shaping services demand in Europe
- Competitive landscape of the European services market
- Industry demand drivers — both upward and downward
- End-user perceptions of services vendors
- Market sizing and growth rate changes in services markets
- Digital transformation and analytics/AI services
- Western European Services Market Forecasts, 2019–2023 (updated bi-annually, with pivot tables)
- Spending Priorities of European Organizations in 2019
- Investments in and Approaches to Digital Transformation
- Top 10 European IT Services Vendors: Competitive Analysis
- Top 30 Western European Services Vendors' Revenues and Market Shares, 2018
- Partnerships and Ecosystems
- Ad hoc IDC Links and Market Notes covering major events and trends
- Competitive Analysis of Vendors in Digital Transformation
- Analytics, AI and automation services.
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the demand for IT services and business services in Western Europe, and how will it grow over the next five years?
- What are the most important demand-side and supply-side trends and drivers in European services? How and why are they changing?
- How did the leading services companies perform in 2018?
- Which European services vendors currently have a competitive advantage, and why? What drives a competitive advantage?
- How do trends such as digital disruption, automation and cloud impact demand, and how will they change the competitive landscape?
- How do services vendors need to change to adapt to the new digital realities?
- How do service vendors engage in ecosystems and what does it mean for their success?
Accenture plc, Atos S.A., BT Group plc, BearingPoint, CGI Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Capita plc, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, EVRY ASA, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Fujitsu Limited, HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Infosys Limited, KPMG International, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, SAP SE, SapientRazorfish, Sopra Steria Group, T-Systems International GmbH, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Mahindra Limited, Tieto Corporation, Unisys Corporation, Wipro Limited, Xerox Corporation