This service examines the role of the edge as it relates to telecom managed services. SD-WAN and CDN services are at the convergence of the market, and the technologies are intersecting.
Managed Edge and Content Delivery Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Low latency managed edge services
- Managed virtualized services (e.g., SD-WAN)
- Managed content delivery services (CDN)
- Multiaccess edge compute (MEC)
- Network edge compute (NEC)
- Programmability of the edge based on software-defined virtualized/container architecture and open APIs and underpinned with DevOps to speed service introduction
- Virtualization and Shift to the Edge: Managed Services
- IDC Market Glance: Worldwide Telecom CY20 Q2
- Worldwide SD-WAN Managed Services Forecast, 2021-2025
- Virtualization and Shift to the Edge: Content Delivery Networks
- Worldwide Content Delivery Networks Market Forecast, 2021-2025
- Worldwide Content Delivery Networks Market Shares, 2019
- Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Content Delivery Networks, 2021
- Vendor profiles
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Services Survey: Content Delivery Networks, 2020
- Market Analysis Perspective: Managed Edge Services 2021
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Services Survey: SD-WAN, 2021
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are telcos and CDN players emphasizing edge strategies and capabilities?
- What are industry alliances, standards bodies, and public cloud providers doing to define edge architecture, edge platforms, and use cases?
- What are the low latency use cases that will require managed edge services using 5G (i.e., video streaming, IoT applications)?
- What vendors and service providers are leading in MEC and NEC innovation?
- What is the market opportunity for MEC and NEC services?
- What is the impact of managed edge services on SD-WAN and CDN?
- What key technologies enable innovation of managed edge services?