Mobility is a cornerstone of the modern digital workspace. Organizations with untethered business processes and ubiquitously accessible IT resources will be better positioned to compete and thrive in the digital economy. To this end, software platforms that create, deploy, manage, and secure all aspects of mobile computing are critical to successful digital transformation. As part of IDC's broader future of work research practice, IDC's Enterprise Mobility: Workspace Platforms and Security service provides a view to the opportunities, competitive landscape, key trends, and end-user needs in the enterprise software markets for mobility and digital workspace management infrastructure. This CIS covers key software markets including unified endpoint management (UEM), as well as client endpoint management (which includes PC life-cycle management, UEM, and IoT device management software submarkets). Also covered is mobile security, including mobile security software market segments (such as mobile threat management, mobile application security testing software, mobile applications development platforms, and enterprise location-based software platforms).
Enterprise Mobility: Workspace Platforms and Security
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Unified endpoint management software platforms
- Enterprise mobility management software platforms for device, application, and data management
- Mobile security software and services, including mobile application security testing software
- Mobile application development best practices and requirements
- Enterprise mobile location-based service software platforms
- Mobile operating systems trends relative to the enterprise
- BYOD trends and software solutions
- Unified Endpoint Management Software Forecast and Analysis
- Unified Endpoint Management Software Market Shares
- Client Endpoint Management Software Forecast and Analysis
- Mobile Security Software Forecast and Analysis
- Mobile Application Security Testing Software Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape for Unified Endpoint Management
- IDC Tech Brief for Unified Endpoint Management
- Enterprise Mobility Demand-Side Analysis
- Mobile Application Development Platform Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What tools, processes, and strategies are enterprises using to manage the convergence of end-user computing technologies (from mobile smartphones and tablets to PCs and laptops) as well as emerging enterprise wearables technologies?
- What methods and best practices exist to create, deploy, manage, and secure access to corporate information on mobile?
- What effect will 5G have on enterprise mobility from the perspective of devices and apps to software platforms, security infrastructure, and overall mobile worker productivity?
- How are enterprises responding to the risks and security threats regarding mobile operating systems, apps, and services?
- How will mobility play into new enterprise workspace management scenarios, including transformation around the future of work in general?
- How are organizations leveraging mobility for business transformation and the next-generation workspace?
- How do technologies such as UEM and location-based services software platforms manage and secure workspace IoT devices?
AT&T Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Blackberry Ltd., Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Citrix Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Google LLC, HERE Global B.V., HID Global Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Ivanti Software, Inc., JAMF Software LLC, Lookout Inc., Micro Focus International plc, MobileIron, Inc., NetMotion Wireless Inc., NowSecure Inc., Oracle Corporation, Pradeo Security Systems SAS, Progress Software Corporation, Quest Software Inc., SOTI Inc., Samsung, Sophos Plc, TEMENOS Group AG, Tanium Inc., VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Wandera, Inc., Zimperium, Inc., Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.