Digital transformation starts with mobility. Organizations with untethered business processes and ubiquitously accessible IT resources will be better positioned to compete and thrive in the digital economy. To this end, software platforms that create, deploy, manage, and secure all aspects of mobile computing are critical to successful digital transformation. IDC's Enterprise Mobility: Platforms and Security service helps product, marketing, and strategic planning professionals understand the opportunities, competitive landscape, key trends, and end-user needs in the enterprise mobile infrastructure software markets. This CIS covers key software markets including enterprise mobility management (EMM) (as well as unified endpoint management [UEM]), mobile security, mobile applications development platforms, and enterprise location-based software platforms. In addition, this service provides IT professionals with key frameworks and decision-making tools to assist with mobile strategy development.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Mobile application development and deployment tools and platforms
- Mobile application development best practices and requirements
- Unified endpoint management software platforms
- Enterprise mobility management software platforms for device, application, and data management
- Mobile security software and services
- Enterprise mobile location–based service software platforms
- Mobile operating systems trends relative to the enterprise
- BYOD trends and software solutions
- Best practices for mobile security strategy
- Mobile deployment requirements
- Mobile Application Development Platform Forecast and Analysis
- Enterprise Mobility Management Software Forecast and Analysis
- Mobile Security Software Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape for Enterprise Mobility Management
- IDC PlanScape for Enterprise Mobility Security
- Mobile Worker Population Forecast
- Enterprise Mobility Demand-Side Analysis
- Mobile Software Strategy Frameworks
- IDC TechScape for Mobile Application Development
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What tools, processes, and strategies are enterprises using to manage the convergence of end-user computing technologies (from mobile smartphones and tablets to PCs and laptops) as well as emerging enterprise wearables technologies?
- How are enterprises approaching the development of mobile applications to enhance worker productivity, modernize business processes and workflows, and increase customer satisfaction and revenue?
- How is the shift to mobile-first application development changing enterprise mobile infrastructure software needs and decisions?
- What methods and best practices exist to create, deploy, manage, and secure access to corporate information on or by mobile devices?
- What effect will 5G have on enterprise mobility from the perspective of devices and apps to software platforms, security infrastructure, and overall mobile worker productivity?
- How are enterprises responding to the risks and security threats regarding mobile operating systems, apps, and services?
- How will mobile enterprise markets evolve in the context of megatrends such as cloud, social, big data, and the increasingly complex array of endpoints from which users access data?
- How are organizations leveraging mobility for business transformation, and what role does mobility play in the genesis of the next-generation workplace?
ALPHA SOFTWARE CORP,
Absolute Software Corporation,
BMC Software, Inc.,
Blackberry Technologies Inc.,
Check Point Software Technologies Inc.,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Citrix Systems GmbH,
Good Technology, Inc.,
Gupta Technologies, LLC,
LANDesk Software, Inc.,
Red Bend Software, Inc.,
Red Hat, Inc.,
Trend Micro Incorporated,
VERIVO SOFTWARE, INC.,
Zebra Technologies Corporation