IDC's Storage Software service analyzes the opportunities, technologies, use cases, and trends that are reshaping the storage software market and continue to drive its growth. This service provides the market intelligence to help product, marketing, and strategic planning professionals create successful business strategies. Subscribers to this service receive direct access to IDC's top industry experts who provide market insights, competitive analysis, and positioning advice; identify strategic partnering opportunities; assist with speaking to the investment community; provide press quotes; and more.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Data protection and recovery software
- Storage replication software
- Archiving software
- Storage and device management software
- Storage infrastructure software
- Software-defined storage controller software
- Adoption of storage software in cloud models
- Emerging standards and their impact on storage software products and vendor strategies
- Convergence of technology to address business continuity, operational recovery, and disaster recovery
- Virtualization's impact on storage software
- Unstructured archiving strategies, approaches, and best practices
- Convergence of storage management with datacenter orchestration
- Impact of integrated systems and hyperconverged systems on storage software go-to-market best practices
- Worldwide Data Protection and Recovery Software Forecast and Analysis with Vendor Shares
- Worldwide Storage Replication Software Forecast and Analysis with Vendor Shares
- Worldwide Archiving Software Forecast and Analysis with Vendor Shares
- Worldwide Storage Software Forecast and Analysis with Vendor Shares
- Vendor Profiles, Case Studies, Demand-Side Viewpoints, End-User Insights, and Market Predictions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How has the adoption of cloud-based services changed the requirements for storage software?
- What is the impact of software-defined storage on the storage hardware and software markets?
- What role will software-only offerings have in the hyperconverged market?
- How are storage software vendors addressing the needs of small and medium-sized businesses?
- What impact will convergence have on the storage software market?
- How will start-ups influence the storage software market and established offerings?
Acronis International GmbH, Barracuda Networks, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Commvault Systems, Inc., Compuverde AB, DataCore Software Corporation, Dell EMC, Dell Inc., FalconStor Software, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, MAXTA, INC., Microsoft Corporation, Mimecast Services Ltd., NEC Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Nexenta Systems, Inc., Nutanix, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Pivot3 Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Scale Computing Inc., SimpliVity Corporation, Symantec Corporation, VMware, Inc., Veeam Software AG, Vision Solutions Inc.
Meet the Experts
Senior Research Analyst, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group
Research Vice President, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group
Research Director, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group