As the threat landscape continues to baffle and overwhelm the IT organization, security services transform global service delivery models and professional security services. This is increasingly driven by enterprise board-level oversight, data and intellectual property protection, and compliance. IDC expects major market shifts as customers across all size segments shift to managed (customer premises equipment [CPE]) and cloud security services to meet their security requirements. As cloud services adoption moves from private to hybrid to public cloud, IT struggles to secure and manage anytime access to data everywhere. As enterprises merge, acquire, and partner, professional security consulting and integration services will grow as customers seek to improve internal security depth and operational efficiencies. IDC's Security Services research examines these areas and enterprise behavior causing these shifts as well as evaluations of security service vendors' competitive landscape, portfolio gaps, and vendor share.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Worldwide professional (consulting and integration) security services
- Worldwide managed security services
- Threat intelligence/cybersecurity services
- Identity and access management services
- Security services trends in the datacenter
- Security services market forecast by top-line segment
- Security services competitive analysis
- Security compliance and governance services
- Analysis of cloud-based and CPE-based delivery models for managed security services
- Virtualization security services
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS) mitigation services
- Security Consulting and Integration Services: Worldwide and U.S. Market Forecasts and Analysis
- Security Services Vendor Profiles
- Security Services Enabler — Companies Behind the Scenes Driving Services (RSA, McAfee, Qualys, etc.)
- Managed Security Services: Worldwide and U.S. Market Forecasts and Analysis
- End-User Case Studies
- Event Summaries
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key trends emerging within the security services market, and how will the market grow in the near future?
- What are the current and forecast sizes of the overall security services market, and where are the changes occurring?
- What are the managed services growth areas?
- What are the opportunities for identity access management services?
- What are the requirements to gain share in these markets?
- How are consulting, implementation, and on-premises and cloud-based managed services overlapping?
BT Group plc,
CA Technologies, Inc.,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Computer Sciences Corporation,
F5 Networks, Inc.,
General Dynamics Corporation,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Leidos Holdings, Inc.,
Level 3 Communications,
Lockheed Martin Corporation,
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation,
Northrop Grumman Corporation,
Optiv Security Inc.,
Prolexic Technologies, Inc.,
Trend Micro Incorporated,
Verizon Communications, Inc.,