IDC's Security Services research is focused on the analysis and clarification of the security services offerings that organizations use to protect their IT environment. IDC forecasts and explains the demand for managed security services and professional security services as well as the training needs of cybersecurity practitioners. This market is driven by factors such as enterprise board-level oversight, the evolving threat landscape, and the need to achieve greater cyber-resilience. IDC's Security Services research examines these areas, the enterprise behavior causing these shifts, and the evaluations of security service vendors' competitive landscape, portfolio gaps, and vendor share.
Meet the Experts
Research Director, Security Services Worldwide
Research Vice President , Security Services
Research Manager, Security Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Worldwide professional (consulting and integration) security services
- Worldwide incident readiness and response services
- Emerging cybersecurity services such as managed detection and response (MDR)
- Cyber-resilience/cyber-recovery services market
- Security services competitive analysis
- Analysis of cloud-based and CPE-based delivery models for managed security services
- Zero trust security services
- Managed security services such as managed cloud workload protection and managed identity access management
- Security Services: Worldwide and U.S. Market Forecasts and Analysis
- Security Services Vendor Profiles
- Worldwide Incident Response and Cyber-Resilience Services
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Cybersecurity Consulting Services
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Managed Detection and Response Services
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Emerging Managed Detection and Response Services
- End-User Case Studies
- Event Summaries
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key trends emerging within the security services market, and how will the market grow in the near future?
- What are the current and forecast sizes of the overall security services market, and where are the changes occurring?
- What are the managed services growth areas?
- What are the opportunities for emerging security services?
- What are the requirements to gain share in these markets?
- How are consulting assessment services related to cybersecurity managed services?
- AT&T Inc.
- Accenture plc
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
- BearingPoint Holding BV
- Broadcom Inc.
- Capgemini Services SAS
- CenturyLink Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Covisint Corp.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Deloitte LLP
- Entrust Corporation
- F5 Inc.
- Fujitsu Limited
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Infosys Limited
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- McAfee LLC
- Microsoft Corporation
- Neustar Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Novell, Inc.
- Optiv Security Inc.
- Oracle Corporation
- Orange S.A.
- Perimeter E-Security
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Prolexic Technologies, Inc.
- Qualys Inc.
- RSA Security LLC
- SAIC Inc.
- SafeNet, Inc.
- Symantec Corporation
- Tata Communications Limited
- Trend Micro Incorporated
- Trustwave Holdings Inc.
- Unisys Corporation
- Verisign, Inc.
- Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Wipro Limited