IDC's Infrastructure Channels and Ecosystems service offers intelligence and expertise to help vendors (IT, operations technology [OT], telecommunications, and hosters) and distributors design and implement effective channel strategies to drive successful relationships with the spectrum of partner businesses (VARs, SIs, GSIs, MSPs, DMRs, ISVs, or agents — or any combination of these partner types). This SIS identifies and analyzes key industry trends and their impact on channel relationship drivers and channel partner business models. This helps channel executives develop and fine-tune their programs and strategies and those tasked with growing the channel or with focusing on a specific customer segment or vertical. Subscribers are invited to IDC's semiannual Infrastructure Channel Leadership Council, where IDC and channel executives present and discuss key industry issues, providing a unique opportunity for clients to interact with analysts and peers.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Channel program design, implementation, and management best practices
- Channel partner profile and vendor target market requirements
- The changing role of distribution
- The value of partner enablement and solutions/product bundles in the channel
- Impact of market and technology trends on the infrastructure channel
- Assessment of existing infrastructure channel structures and strategies
- Channel partner value evolution and emerging channels
- Channel partner needs and requirements to succeed in a 3rd Platform/Digital Transformation world
- Expanding the channel to include telecommunications and OT companies and their partner ecosystems
- Direct Versus Indirect Infrastructure Hardware and IaaS IT Spending Forecast
- Emerging Channels and Trends in the Infrastructure Ecosystem
- Services Value in the Channel
- Infrastructure Vendor Channel Strategies
- Impact of the 3rd Platform on the Infrastructure Channel
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How should infrastructure vendors and distributors utilize an appropriate channel mix that plays to their strengths while leveraging their customers' buying preferences?
- How will infrastructure vendors optimize channel relationships during periods of market disruption?
- What are the emerging channels and routes to market, and what changes will infrastructure vendors need to make to be successful?
- How will infrastructure vendors/distributors manage to elevate the channel from business operations to a strategic asset?
- How can the channel create and capture new business with higher-value services?
- How can vendors and distributors enable their partners to better leverage the opportunities of Digital Transformation?
Arrow International Inc,
Brocade Communications Systems,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Citrix Systems, Inc.,
Emerson Electric Co.,
Extreme Networks, Inc.,
F5 Networks, Inc.,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Infor Global Solutions, Inc.,
Ingram Micro Inc.,
Juniper Networks, Inc.,
LM Ericsson Telephone Company,
Lenovo Group Limited,
Lexmark International, Inc.,
Rackspace Hosting, Inc.,
Ricoh Company, Ltd.,
Riverbed Technology, Inc.,
Seiko Epson Corp.,
Tech Data Corporation,
Verizon Communications, Inc.,
WESTCON GROUP AS,