Retailers are recognizing that to offer the frictionless, convenient, and immersive experience that customers are expecting today, they must embrace digital transformation (DX). Customers expect to be able to shop and transact with a retailer anytime, anywhere, across multiple customer touch points, with minimal friction throughout the entire customer journey. To deliver this, retailers need to operate efficiently and securely, innovate continually, and operate resiliently and with agility. IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Technology Strategies research advisory service delivers research, analysis, and insights addressing best practices, use cases, and trends in retail infrastructure and technologies that support retail digital transformation.
IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Technology Strategies
This IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Technology Strategies service delivers fresh analysis, deep and comprehensive data insights, and data-driven research and consulting through ongoing research and interactions with the retail industry, technology vendors, services providers, and other industry participants and experts. Robust market data collection and secondary research complement our research approach. IDC Retail Insights analysts develop comprehensive and fresh analyses of this data to deliver actionable recommendations. The relevance and timeliness of our research is further enhanced by the participation of IDC Retail Insights clients and subscribers in the focus and prioritization of our research.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- The infrastructure foundation for retail digital transformation
- Technologies, strategies, and best practices for a future-ready retail infrastructure
- Retail IT spend trends
- Mobile technologies and trends
- Cloud and edge strategies, services, and adoption in the retail industry
- Network infrastructure trends and practices
- Omni-channel security and cybersecurity
- Retail payment and point of sale (POS)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What does the digital transformation mean for retailers and their technology infrastructure?
- What is retail infrastructure, and why is this important for DX and specific DX use cases?
- How should retailers refocus retail IT spend to better support DX and the retail DX infrastructure?
- How is the retail industry adopting cloud-based strategies, and what are the relevant cloud trends?
- How should the retail industry deploy omni-channel cybersecurity to address an evolving threat landscape?
- What are the developing mobile technology trends and use cases?
- What are the emerging and enabling retail technologies (such as 5G, edge, and IoT) that retailers should pay attention to?
- What network infrastructure technologies and trends are delivering advanced capabilities to retailers?
- What innovative retail POS and payment vendors, technologies, and trends should retailers be assessing?
Who Should Subscribe
The IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Technology Strategies service is targeted to senior IT, business, and technology executives across the retail industry. Leaders and executives in the technology vendor community will find value in the research and analysis of leading retail technologies. Service providers will find it valuable to take advantage of this service's ongoing focus on the deployment of these technologies. Retailers that are trying to embrace digital transformation for their enterprises will find that this service is a critical resource for research and analysis on retail technologies.