IDC's Software Channels and Ecosystems research service offers intelligence and expertise to help channel executives and program managers develop, implement, support, and manage effective channel strategies and programs to drive successful relationships with the spectrum of partner businesses (e.g., VARs, ISVs, SIs, and volume resellers). In addition, it provides a comprehensive view of the value of the indirect software market and its leading vendor proponents. This service also identifies and analyzes key industry trends and their impact on channel relationship drivers and channel partner business models. Subscribers are invited to IDC's semiannual Software Channel Leadership Council where IDC and channel executives present and discuss key industry issues.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Multinational software vendors
- Value-added resellers
- Regional systems integrators
- Independent software vendors
- Software distribution partners
- Software channel revenue flow
- Cloud and channels
- Partner-to-partner networking
- Software vendor indirect market shares
- Software partner program profiles and innovative practices
- Channel Revenue Forecast and Analysis
- Partner Marketing and Communications
- Vendor Indirect Market Share
- Cloud and Channels
- Emerging Partner Business Models
- Partner Collaboration
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the most effective ways to allocate resources to supporting channel strategies and programs?
- How are software vendors maximizing the influence and resale capabilities of their channel?
- How is the cloud affecting solution providers, and what are large software vendors doing to prepare their partners?
- What are the key components of a channel program, and which software companies are developing winning strategies in this area?
- What are vendors currently doing to drive partner profitability, satisfaction, and loyalty?
- How large is the indirect software channel across regions, and how does revenue flow through it?
Adobe Systems Incorporated,
Arrow International Inc,
BMC Software, Inc.,
CA Technologies, Inc.,
Cisco Systems, Inc.,
Citrix Systems, Inc.,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Infor Global Solutions, Inc.,
Ingram Micro Inc.,
Red Hat, Inc.,
SAS Institute Inc.,
Tech Data Corporation,
The Sage Group plc