IDC's European Managed Print and Document Services (MPDS) research responds to the needs of print service providers, peripherals manufacturers, and software vendors that are looking to develop their business in the Western European MPDS market as companies undergo digital transformation. The research delivers understanding and insights into the region's basic and managed print and document services markets. Particular attention is paid to the value-added services offering that aim to support end customers in better managing their document-intensive processes to increase productivity and improve business efficiency. The service discusses market trends and dynamics, provides end-user insight into key challenges and solutions, identifies and quantifies market opportunities across the region.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Western Europe — France, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Spain, Benelux, the Nordics, Rest of Western Europe (Austria, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, and Switzerland combined)
- Basic and managed print and document services size and forecast
- SMB versus enterprise market analysis
- End-user insight tracking evolving user requirements and behaviors
- Print and document management solutions
- Evaluation of vendor business models, offerings, and capabilities
- Review of indirect channel programs and SMB market initiatives
- Impact of emerging technologies
- Transformation strategies
- Western European print services vendor shares
- Western European print services forecast
- Western European document solutions forecast
- Hardware/software vendor profiling/competitor analysis
- Indirect channel profiles
- Buying pattern research and analysis
- 3rd Platform technologies and innovation accelerators: their role in enabling and driving new workplace practices
- Competitive analysis of vendors' transformational acquisitions
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will these markets grow and evolve over the next five years?
- What are customers looking for in a print services engagement?
- Who are the key and emerging players in these markets? What are their future strategies? How disruptive will they be?
- Which market segments offer the best growth opportunities in terms of print management and workflow optimization?
- How do SMB and enterprise customers differ in terms of behaviors, challenges, priorities, requirements, and service delivery?
- What is the role of 3rd Platform technologies (Big Data, mobile, social business, and cloud) in solution adoption?
- How can vendors differentiate their offering in a maturing market to attract customers based on value rather than cost?
- How will vendors' indirect partnerships change to align with business targets?
Brother Industries, Ltd.,
Hyland Software, Inc.,
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc.,
Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc.,
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc.,
Lexmark International, Inc.,
NewField IT Ltd.,
Nuance Communications, Inc.,
Oki Electric Industry Company, Limited,
PaperCut Software International Pty Ltd.,
Ricoh Company, Ltd.,
SWISS POST SOLUTIONS LTD,