IDC's European Managed Print and Document Services (MPDS) research responds to the needs of print and document management services and solutions providers, peripherals manufacturers and software vendors seeking Western European market opportunities as companies undergo digital transformation. It delivers insights and recommendations to those operating in this market. IDC pays particular attention to the value-added and differentiated services offering that, driven by technology, can support end-users as they implement initiatives to improve print and document management. This research considers impact of consolidation, acquisition, merger and diversified market player strategies on the industry. Through continuous market monitoring, IDC delivers market sizing, forecasts, trends and dynamics as well as end-user insights into challenges and solutions, identifying key opportunities.
European Managed Print and Document Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Western Europe — France, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Spain, Benelux, the Nordics, Rest of Western Europe (Austria, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, and Switzerland combined)
- Basic and managed print and document services size and forecast
- Changing end-user requirements to support digital initiatives
- Print and device management market dynamics
- Print, device and output management solutions outlook
- Review of indirect channel programs and SMB market initiatives
- Review of direct vendor MPDS strategy for the enterprise sector
- Impact of technologies driving changes in market development, capabilities and opportunities
- Enterprise content management (ECM) software suites outlook
- Enterprise capture market outlook
- Western European print services vendor shares and forecast
- Western European print and device management vendor shares
- Western European print, device and output management software forecast
- Hardware/software/channel profiling/competitor analysis
- Developments in the enterprise content and capture markets
- Buying pattern research and analysis
- The role of technology (cloud, big data, mobile, artificial intelligence, robotic process automation) in changing the shape of the market
- Competitive analysis of vendors' transformational acquisitions and diversification strategies
- Print security
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will these markets grow and evolve over the next five years?
- What are SMB vs enterprise customers looking for in a print services engagement?
- Who are the key and emerging players in these markets? What are their future strategies? How disruptive will they be?
- What are the strategies, processes and technologies used to capture, manage, store, preserve and deliver content?
- What is the impact of cloud technology on digital transformation strategies – SMB vs Enterprise
- How will robotic process automation and AI change how business-critical content is processed and managed?
- How can vendors offer additional value and distinct competitive differentiation in a maturing market?
- Which vendors demonstrate best practice in developing channel programs and strategy?
ABBYY Solutions Ltd., Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Cortado AG, DocuSign, Inc., DocuWare GmbH, ECi Software Solutions, Inc., ELO Digital Office, Ephesoft Inc., EveryonePrint AS, HP Inc., Hyland Software, Inc., KYOCERA Corporation, Kofax Inc., Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Laserfiche Corp., Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc., Lexmark International, Inc., M-Files Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NT-ware Systemprogrammierungs-Gmbh, NewField IT Ltd., Nuxeo, Oki Data Corporation, OpenText Corporation, PaperCut Software International Pty Ltd., Pharos Systems International Inc., Ricoh Company, Ltd., Ringdale Inc., Samsung, Seiko Epson Corp., Sharp Corporation, Swiss Post Solutions Ltd., Toshiba Corporation, Xerox Corporation, Y Soft Corp.
Meet the Experts
European Managed Print & Document Services (MPDS) - Research & Consulting
Vice President, Future of WorkSpace & Imaging, IDC EMEA
Program Director, Imaging and Hardcopy Devices and Document Solutions, European RegionSolutions