IDC's European Managed Print and Document Services research responds to the needs of print and document management solutions providers, peripherals manufacturers and software vendors seeking opportunities in the Western European market, as companies undergo digital transformation. It delivers understanding, insights and recommendations to those operating in the European print and document management market. IDC pays particular attention to the value-added and differentiated services offering that, driven by technology, can support end-users as they implement initiatives to improve print and document management. This research considers the changing face of the industry, due to consolidation, acquisition, merger and diversified market player strategies. Through continuous monitoring of the market, IDC delivers market sizing, forecasts, trends and dynamics as well as end-user insights into challenges and solutions, identifying key opportunities.
European Managed Print and Document Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Western Europe — France, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Spain, Benelux, the Nordics, Rest of Western Europe (Austria, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, and Switzerland combined)
- Basic and managed print and document services size and forecast
- Changing end-user requirements to support digital initiatives
- Print, device and output management solutions
- Evaluation of traditional and new vendor business models, offerings, and capabilities
- Review of indirect channel programs and SMB market initiatives
- Review of direct vendor MPDS strategy for the enterprise sector
- Impact of technologies driving changes in market development, capabilities and opportunities
- Transformation strategies
- Enterprise content management software suites
- Western European print services vendor shares
- Western European print services forecast
- Western European print, device and output management software forecast
- Hardware/software vendor profiling/competitor analysis
- Indirect channel profiles
- Buying pattern research and analysis
- The role of technology (cloud, big data, mobile, artificial intelligence, robotic process automation) in changing the shape of the market
- Competitive analysis of vendors' transformational acquisitions and diversification strategies
- Print security
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How will these markets grow and evolve over the next five years?
- What are SMB vs enterprise customers looking for in a print services engagement?
- Who are the key and emerging players in these markets? What are their future strategies? How disruptive will they be?
- What are the strategies, processes and technologies used to capture, manage, store, preserve and deliver content?
- What is the impact of cloud technology on digital transformation strategies – SMB vs Enterprise
- How will robotic process automation and AI change how business-critical content is processed and managed?
- How can vendors offer additional value and distinct competitive differentiation in a maturing market?
- Which vendors demonstrate best practice in developing channel programs and strategy?
ABBYY, Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Cortado AG, HP Inc., Hyland Software, Inc., KYOCERA Corporation, Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc., Lexmark International, Inc., NewField IT Ltd., Nuance Communications, Inc., Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd., OpenText Corporation, PaperCut Software International Pty Ltd., Pharos Systems International Inc., Ricoh Company, Ltd., Ringdale Inc., Samsung, Sharp Corporation, Swiss Post Solutions Ltd., Toshiba Corporation, Xerox Corporation