Enterprises spend more than $30 billion annually in managed print and document services (MPDS), and growth is expected to remain strong in all segments of the market. Vendors are investing heavily to compete by enhancing capabilities to improve the efficiency of delivering document services and ensure optimal savings. However, vendors also offer value-added services designed to align with their customers' strategic initiatives involving document-intensive business processes with a focus on increased productivity, stakeholder satisfaction, and better business outcomes. IDC's BuyerPulse Analysis: Managed Print and Document Services program looks at how buyers evaluate managed print services (MPS)/managed document services (MDS) offerings and which value-added services are gaining traction. It aligns buyer trends with evaluations of vendor offerings.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Size and forecast growth of managed print services and managed document services segments
- Extensive end-user research to track evolving user requirements for managed print and document services
- Evaluation of vendor business models, offerings, and capabilities
- Review of direct vendor MPDS aimed primarily at the enterprise sector
- Review of indirect channel programs and SMB market initiatives
- Case studies with in-depth looks at buyer decisions and implementation strengths and challenges
- IDC DecisionScapes on the Managed Print and Document Services Opportunity
- Buying Pattern Research and Analysis
- Case Studies
- Vendor Profiles
- Indirect Channel Profiles
- Worldwide and U.S. Market Forecast
- Worldwide and U.S. Vendor Shares
- Outsourced Document Services Market Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are customers looking for when they make MPS/MDS purchasing decisions?
- What are the primary differences in market requirements and service delivery between enterprise and SMB customers?
- How can vendors offer additional value and offer true differentiation in a maturing market?
- Which vendors demonstrate excellence in their core offerings?
- How will an expanded document services portfolio translate to growth opportunities for MPS providers?
- How do end users evaluate and select MPS providers?
Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc.,
Lexmark International, Inc.,
Novitex Enterprise Solutions,
Oki Electric Industry Company, Limited,
Ricoh Company, Ltd.,