IDC's China Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Strategies research examines the key market trends, competitive landscape, technologies, and end-user buying behavior from an IT and LOB standpoint. The research is focused on the areas of Big Data — which is a new generation of software and architectures designed to economically extract value from very large volumes of a wide variety of data by enabling high-velocity capture, discovery, and/or analysis — cognitive/AI, and business analytics (BA). Cognitive/AI includes technologies that provide a platform for the development of analytic and cognitive applications using artificial intelligence. BA includes data warehousing, analytics applications, business intelligence, and advanced analytics. This research provides quantitative data and qualitative insights and helps customers identify key areas of growth by country, maturity, and functional and vertical markets by combining supply and demand perspectives.
China Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Big Data and analytics supply and demand trends, use cases, best practices, and solutions
- Big Data and analytics maturity across countries and industries
- Software: Data organization and management analytics and discovery and decision support and automation software
- Infrastructure: External storage, servers, and networking
- Services: Business consulting, BPO, IT project–based services, IT outsourcing, IT support, and training services
- Cognitive/artificial intelligence computing technologies and platforms, including expert assistance software
- Big Data + technology: Cloud, mobile, and social; industries (e.g., telecom, banking, and retail)
- China Big Data, Analytics, and Cognitive/AI Systems IT Buyer Research: Industry Use Cases, Trends, Drivers/Challenges, Vendors' Mindshare and Purchasing Intentions, and Case Studies
- IDC FutureScape: Big Data, Analytics, and Cognitive/AI 2017 Predictions — China Implication
- Key Players and Solutions in China
- Big Data/BA/Cognitive/AI Adoption IT Buyer Case Studies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key areas of growth by country, industry, and functional markets for Big Data, BA, and cognitive/AI?
- What are the market shares and competitive positioning of the leading vendors?
- What are IT buyers' priorities, challenges, and spending plans for Big Data/BA/cognitive/AI in China, and how can vendors address them?
- How is the Big Data/BA/cognitive/AI competitive space evolving, and what are the key recommendations for vendors?
- How can end users leverage Big Data/cognitive/AI? Which are the key buyer use cases in China? Which are the top solutions?
- How are the new delivery and consumption models like cloud (Big Data as a service, machine learning as a service), mobile, and appliances impacting the overall market?
ACTUATE CORPORATION, Accenture plc, Adobe Systems Inc., Avanade Inc., Baidu, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Commvault Systems, Inc., Dell EMC, Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HP Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Hortonworks, Inc., IBM, Informatica Corporation, Infosys Limited, Intel Corporation, KALIDO INC., Kognitio Ltd., Mahindra Satyam, MapR Technologies, Inc., MicroStrategy Incorporated, Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, NetApp, Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PARACCEL INC, Progress Software Corporation, Qlik Technologies Inc., Software AG, TIBCO Software Inc., Teradata Corporation, Wipro Limited