The hospitality and travel sector has witnessed tremendous changes in recent years. Customers plan their travel using multiple channels expecting a personalized, engaging, and seamless experience. Hospitality and travel enterprises are facing constant challenges in tackling the intensified competition and concentrating on increased conversion without compromising on service quality. The Worldwide Hospitality and Travel Digital Transformation Strategies research advisory service provides insights into the five key dimensions of hospitality and travel digital transformation and enables them to mitigate transformation risks associated with business transformation. The advisory service helps accelerate the digital transformation journey and examines the impact of technology investment on supply chain optimization, resource allocation, marketing, workforce, omni-engagement, and customer experience — with an emphasis on digital technology adoption and optimal transformation of the business to achieve business innovation and efficiency. It also includes regional-level estimates on technology spending in hospitality and travel, competitive assessments of technology vendors, and continuous monitoring of the hospitality and travel market aimed at identifying key business and technology investment trends.
This advisory service develops unique market analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Retail Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, hospitality and travel executives, and technology vendors and complemented by secondary research from conferences, publications, and third-party news sources. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts also provide personalized digital transformation advisory services for hospitality and travel executives to help them make better-informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Hospitality and travel digital transformation strategy and key components
- Hospitality and travel market trends, technology requirements, and investment directions
- IT budget dynamics and vendor selection criteria
- Technology investment outlook for new and emerging digital technologies
- Global, regional, and country-level hospitality and travel sectors review and market analysis
- Technology adoption in large hotel chains versus independent hotels
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can hospitality and travel organizations define digital transformation strategy, drivers of change, and business objectives?
- How can hospitality and travel organizations determine the appropriate business model to support new business growth strategy?
- How can hospitality and travel organizations better plan the required capabilities to support an omni-service experience?
- What are the critical requirements for successful technology adoption?
- How can hoteliers leverage in-room technologies and guest-facing applications to attract, inspire, and retain customers?
- What are the emerging technologies, and what is their impact on hospitality and travel business processes?
- What are the technology adoption and spending patterns in the various retail subindustries and application areas?
- What are the key business trends and directions for technology investments in the hospitality and travel industry?
- What will hospitality and travel organizations need to do to support changes in best practices?
- What will be the most cost-effective approaches to develop sustainable hospitality?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Hospitality and Travel Digital Transformation Strategies research advisory service is ideally suited to support the needs of senior executives within hospitality, travel, transportation, and tourism responsible for digital transformation strategy development and execution. Technology vendors and systems integrators will find this service valuable for gaining additional insight into the needs and technology investment trends in the hospitality and travel sector.