The Digital Commerce subscription marketing intelligence service examines the competitive landscape, key trends, and differentiating factors of digital commerce (DC) application vendors and business commerce networks and the buying behavior of end users while purchasing products and/or services on digital commerce applications platforms. The service looks at B2B, B2C, and B2B2C transactions across all vertical industries and regional markets to provide a worldwide perspective.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Digital commerce applications targeting enterprises of all sizes and industries
- Best-of-breed digital commerce applications in areas such as CPQ, payments and billing, order management, web content management, merchandising, site search, fulfillment, product information management, and inventory management
- Business commerce networks that bring together functional applications for enterprise asset management, procurement, financials, and human capital management
- Proliferation of public cloud microservices in digital commerce applications
- Enterprise collaboration strategies among digital commerce and marketing/content management vendors
- Experience management — across channels (includes content management, commerce platforms, integration, and advanced analytics) for B2B, B2C, and B2B2C
- Impact of cloud, social, mobile, and Big Data technologies on vendor strategies for employee, customer, supplier, partner, and asset engagement
- Mobile commerce (mobile app marketplaces, built-for-mobile commerce capabilities, differentiating technology)
- Digital Commerce Applications Vendor Shares and Forecasts
- Digital Commerce Applications Vendor Competitive Analysis
- Opportunities in Cognitive Commerce
- Buyer Behavior and Journey in Digital Commerce
- IDC MarketScapes: B2B and B2C Digital Commerce
- Buyer Trends in Digital Commerce and Order Management
- Digital Commerce Technologies Spanning the Front and Back Offices
- Impact of the 3rd Platform on Digital Commerce
- Collaborative Commerce and Purchasing on Customer Communities
- Maturity of SaaS Digital Commerce Markets
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the growth potential of digital commerce vendors serving SMB, midmarket, and enterprise customers?
- How are social business, cloud, mobile, and Big Data changing digital commerce applications?
- How is digital commerce changing the way businesses and consumers buy and sell services, subscriptions, digital assets, and physical goods?
- How are digital commerce vendors incorporating technologies for cloud, mobile, business intelligence, and social media tools into their product portfolios, and how is that affecting their prospects in midsize and large enterprise applications markets?
- What return on investment will businesses see by purchasing digital commerce applications?
- What are the main areas of friction along the buying journey for consumers and businesses?
- How are application marketplaces changing the way buyers acquire enterprise applications?
Adobe Systems Incorporated,
Aptos Technology Inc.,
BRAINTREE SCIENTIFIC INC,
COMMERCE ONE FINANCIAL INC.,
Concur Technologies, Inc.,
Constellation Software Inc.,
Coupa Software, Inc.,
Digital River, Inc.,
Drupal Connect, Inc.,
ELASTIC PATH SOFTWARE, INC.,
EasyAsk Technologies Inc,
INSITE SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, INC.,
Infor Global Solutions, Inc.,
Intershop Communications AG,
JAGGED PEAK, INC.,
JDA Software Group, Inc.,
Kibo Software, Inc,
MISYS GROUP LIMITED,
Manhattan Associates, Inc.,
Model N, Inc.,
Perfect Commerce S.A.,
TAKE Solutions Ltd.,
The Ultimate Software Group, Inc.,
Unilog Group S.p.A.,
eBay Enterprise, Inc.