The Digital Commerce subscription marketing intelligence service examines the competitive landscape, key trends, and differentiating factors of digital commerce and CPQ application vendors, digital marketplaces, and business commerce networks. This includes the buying behavior of end users while purchasing products and services on digital commerce platforms. The service provides a worldwide perspective by looking at all forms of digital commerce transactions — including B2B, B2C, C2C, G2B, and B2B2C — across all vertical industries and regional markets.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Digital commerce applications targeting businesses of all sizes and industries
- Best-of-breed digital commerce applications in areas such as CPQ, payments and billing, order management, web content management, merchandising, site search, fulfillment, product information management, and inventory management
- Business commerce networks that bring together functional applications for enterprise asset management, procurement, financials, sales, and human capital management
- Enterprise collaboration strategies among digital commerce and marketing/content management vendors
- Experience management — across channels (includes content management, commerce platforms, integration, and advanced analytics) for B2B, B2C, and B2B2C
- Impact of cloud, social, mobile, and Big Data technologies on vendor strategies for employee, customer, supplier, partner, and asset engagement
- Proliferation of public cloud microservice architectures
- Mobile commerce (mobile app marketplaces, built-for-mobile commerce capabilities, and differentiating technology)
- Cognitive technologies and intelligent workflow impact on digital commerce applications
- Digital Commerce Applications Vendor Shares and Forecasts
- Digital Commerce Applications Vendor Competitive Analysis
- IDC MarketScapes: B2B Digital Commerce, B2C Digital Commerce, CPQ, and Commerce Marketplaces
- IDC MaturityScape: Digital Commerce
- IDC FutureScape: Digital Commerce Predictions
- Opportunities in Intelligent Commerce
- Buyer Behavior and Journeys in Digital Commerce
- Buyer Trends in Digital Commerce and Order Management
- Digital Commerce Spanning the Front and Back Offices
- Impact of the 3rd Platform on Digital Commerce
- Innovative Technologies Impacting Commerce
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the growth potential of digital commerce vendors serving SMB, midmarket, and enterprise customers?
- How are social business, cloud, mobile, and Big Data impacting digital buying behaviors in B2B and B2C?
- How is digital commerce changing the way businesses and consumers buy and sell services, subscriptions, digital assets, and physical goods?
- How are digital commerce vendors incorporating innovative technologies such as cloud, mobile, analytics, artificial intelligence, and social media into their product portfolios, and how much traction do these technologies have with prospects?
- What return on investment will businesses see by purchasing digital commerce applications?
- What are the main areas of friction along the buying journey for consumers and businesses buyers?
- What role does commerce play in customer experience?
- How are marketplaces changing the way products and services are bought and sold?
VIRTO SOLUTIONS LTD, 2CHECKOUT.COM, INC., Adobe Systems Incorporated, Adyen NV, Amazon.com, Inc., Amdocs Limited, Aptos Technology Inc., Apttus, Inc., Aria Systems Inc., BRIGHT MARKET, LLC, Big Commerce, Broadleaf Commerce, Chargify LLC. , Concur Technologies, Inc., Coupa Software, Inc., Digital River, Inc., Drupal Commerce, EPiServer Group AB, EasyAsk Technologies Inc, Elastic Path Software Inc., FOUR51 INC, HANDSHAKE CORP., IBM, INSITE SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, INC., Infor, Inc., Infosys Limited, Intershop Communications AG, Intuit Inc., JAGGED PEAK ENERGY INC., JDA Software Group, Inc., Kibo Software Inc., Kooomo, Ltd, LemonStand eCommerce, Inc., MIVA Small Business Solutions, Inc., Magento Inc., Manhattan Associates, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Moltin Holdings, Inc., Onestop Internet, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PFSWEB, INC., PRESTASHOP S.A., PayPal Holdings, Inc., Pertimm, Reaction Commerce, Inc., Recurly Inc., SAP SE, SDL PLC, SHOPHERO INC, SHOPIGNITER, INC., SPEED COMMERCE OPERATING COMPANY LLC, SYMPHONY COMMERCE, INC., Salesforce.com, Inc., Shopify Inc., Sitecore Corporation A/S, Solidify Software, LLC, Square, Inc., Squarespace, Inc., Stripe Inc., True Commerce, Inc., Unilog Group S.p.A., Volusion, Inc., Vtex, WIX.COM LTD, WooCommerce, Zuora, Inc., cleverbridge AG, commercetools GmbH, inRiver, nopCommerce