The Digital Commerce subscription marketing intelligence service examines the competitive landscape, key trends, and differentiating factors of digital commerce, product information management (PIM), order management, and CPQ application vendors; digital marketplaces; and business commerce networks. This includes the buying behavior of end customers while purchasing products and services on digital channels. The service provides a worldwide perspective and looks at all forms of digital commerce transactions — including B2B, B2C, C2C, and B2B2C — across all vertical industries and regional markets.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Digital commerce applications targeting businesses of all sizes and industries
- Best-of-breed digital commerce–adjacent applications in areas such as CPQ, payments and billing, order management, web content management, merchandising, site search, fulfillment, product information management, and inventory management
- Business commerce networks that bring together functional applications for enterprise asset management, procurement, financials, sales, and human capital management
- Enterprise partnership/integration strategies among digital commerce and marketing/content management vendors
- Experience management across channels (which includes content management, commerce platforms, integration, and advanced analytics) for B2B, B2C, and B2B2C
- Impact of cloud, social, mobile, and Big Data technologies on vendor strategies for employee, customer, supplier, partner, and asset engagement
- Proliferation of public cloud microservice architectures
- Mobile commerce
- Headless digital commerce
- Cognitive technologies and intelligent workflow impact on digital commerce applications
- Digital Commerce Applications Vendor Shares and Forecasts
- Digital Commerce Applications Vendor Competitive Analysis
- IDC MarketScapes: B2B Digital Commerce, B2C Digital Commerce, CPQ, PIM, Subscription Management, and SaaS Marketplaces
- IDC MaturityScape Benchmark: B2B Digital Commerce
- IDC FutureScape: Digital Commerce Predictions
- Opportunities in Intelligent Commerce
- Buyer Behavior and Journeys in Digital Commerce
- Buyer Trends in Digital Commerce and Order Management
- Sustainable Digital Commerce
- The Future of Digital Commerce
- Innovative Technologies Impacting Commerce
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the growth potential of digital commerce vendors serving SMB, midmarket, and enterprise customers?
- How is digital commerce changing the way businesses and consumers buy and sell services, subscriptions, digital assets, and physical goods?
- How are digital commerce vendors incorporating innovative technologies such as cloud, mobile, analytics, artificial intelligence, and social media into their product portfolios, and how much traction do these technologies have with prospects?
- What return on investment will businesses see by purchasing digital commerce applications?
- What are the main areas of friction along the buying journey for consumers and businesses buyers?
- What role does commerce play in customer experience?
- How are marketplaces changing the way products and services are bought and sold?
- 8.How much demand is there for sustainable commerce, and how can vendors satisfy this new market opportunity?
2Checkout.com Inc., 5G Acquisitions LLC, Adobe Systems Inc., Adyen NV, Amazon.com Inc., Amdocs Limited, Aptos Technology Inc., Apttus Corp., Aria Systems Inc., Attraqt Group plc, BigCommerce, Inc., Blue Yonder Inc., Bright Market LLC, Broadleaf Commerce, Chargify LLC, Coupa Software, Inc., Digital River, Inc., Drupal Commerce, EasyAsk Technologies Inc., Elastic Path Software Inc., Episerver Group AB, Four51 Inc., Handshake Corp., IBM, Infor, Inc., Infosys Limited, Insite Software Solutions Inc., Intershop Communications AG, Intuit Inc., Jagged Peak Inc., Kibo Software Inc., Kooomo Ltd., LemonStand eCommerce, Inc., MIVA Small Business Solutions, Inc., Magento Inc., Manhattan Associates, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Moltin Holdings, Inc., Onestop Internet, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PFSweb Inc., PayPal, Inc., Pertimm, PrestaShop S.A., Reaction Commerce, Inc., Recurly Inc., SAP Concur, SAP SE, SDL plc, Salesforce.com, Inc., ShopHero Inc., ShopIgniter Inc., Shopify Inc., Sitecore Corporation A/S, Solidify Software, LLC, Square, Inc., Squarespace, Inc., Stripe Inc., Symphony Commerce Inc., True Commerce, Inc., Unilog Content Solutions Pvt. Ltd., VTEX, Virtosolutions UAB, Volusion, Inc., Wix.com Ltd., WooCommerce, Zuora, Inc., cleverbridge AG, commercetools GmbH, inRiver AB, nopCommerce