IDC's Application Life-Cycle and Cloud Services research examines the life cycle of application services from application development (AD), testing, and deployment to ongoing management using newer cloud (private, public, and hybrid), mobile, and DevOps services delivery models as well as traditional project-based services and outsourcing. This service identifies the optimum market opportunities and sales strategies for different types of application service providers and their partners, and it surfaces the success criteria for go-to-market and management strategies. Also covered are the evolving business models and technology shifts to support modern application delivery and accelerated application development and deployment.
Application Life-Cycle and Cloud Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- DevOps services
- Agile application development services
- Intelligent automation in application delivery
- Application outsourcing — Packaged and custom management
- Hosted application management (HAM) — Hybrid cloud models
- Testing service portfolios across traditional and cloud providers
- Value propositions of rapid application delivery services
- Application life-cycle service trends
- Application migration and modernization
- Global spending for application management (AM), HAM, application development, and testing services
- The impact of cloud, mobility, artificial intelligence, automation, microservices, containers, and collaboration on the AD and AM services markets
- Emergence of online development models (PaaS) and impacts on agile and DevOps services delivery as well as traditional ADM
- Worldwide and U.S. Application Management Forecast and Analysis
- Top 10 Application Management Service Providers
- Worldwide Custom Application Development Services Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Hosted AM Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Testing Services Forecast and Analysis
- Agile, DevOps, and Hybrid Application Development and Delivery Services
- Mobile Enterprise Application Development and Testing Services
- Application Management on the Cloud (Public, Private, and Hybrid)
- IDC Survey: U.S. Application Services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are disruptive forces such as cloud, DevOps, open source, containers, microservices, and agile frameworks changing, and how do enterprises transform application delivery and address enterprise portfolio transformation?
- How will service providers bridge traditional models with cloud extensions to tackle mobility, artificial intelligence and automation, and the Internet of Things (IoT) while addressing the cost, scalability, and performance needs of the enterprise?
- How are customers seeking to evolve the methods of contracting and engagement with application services providers?
- How is the application value chain of services changing as traditional models coexist with private or public cloud–based hosted models and advanced delivery models such as DevOps and Agile?
Accenture plc, Amazon Web Services Inc., Atos S.A., Avanade Inc., CGI Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Cigniti Technologies Limited, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, DXC Technology Co., Deloitte LLP, EPAM Systems Inc., Ernst & Young Global Limited, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HCL, IBM, Infosys Limited, Leidos Inc., Microsoft Corporation, MindTree Limited, NTT DATA Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Quinnox, Inc., Rackspace Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Mahindra Limited, UST Global Inc., Unisys Corporation, Wipro Limited
Meet the Experts
Program Vice President, Outsourcing and Managed Cloud Services
Research Director, Application Development, Testing, and Management Services
Research Director, IDC Global Services Markets and Trends