IDC's Application Development, Testing and Management Services research examines the life cycle of application services from application development (AD) to testing and management in traditional project, outsourcing, and newer hosted cloud, mobile, and DevOps services delivery models. This service identifies the optimum market opportunities and sales strategies for different types of service providers and their partners, along with success characteristics for go-to-market and management strategies. Also covered are the evolving business models and technology shifts in support of mobile and cloud-based application development, testing, and management services.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Application outsourcing — Packaged and custom management
- Hosted application management (HAM) — Hybrid cloud models
- Custom application development — Application factory models
- Testing service portfolios across traditional and cloud providers
- Value propositions of application life cycle services
- Mobile enterprise application life cycle service trends
- Global spending for application management (AM), HAM, application development, and testing services
- The impact of cloud, mobility, cognitive computing, automation, componentization, and collaboration on the AD and AM markets
- Emergence of online development models (PaaS) and impacts on agile and DevOps services delivery as well as traditional ADM
- Worldwide and U.S. Application Management Forecast and Analysis
- Top 10 Application Management Service Providers
- Worldwide Custom Application Development Services Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Hosted AM Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Testing Services Forecast and Analysis
- Agile, DevOps, and Hybrid Application Development and Delivery Services
- Mobile Enterprise Application Development and Testing Services
- IDC Survey: U.S. Application Services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are disruptive forces like cloud, mobility, DevOps, open source, and agile frameworks changing, and how do enterprises adopt application life cycle services and address enterprise portfolio transformation?
- How will service providers bridge traditional models with cloud extensions to tackle mobility, cognitive computing, and the Internet of Things (IoT) while addressing the cost, scalability, and performance needs of the enterprise?
- How are customers seeking to adapt contract commitments in traditional ADM models with cloud models as application portfolios evolve?
- How is the application value chain of services changing as traditional models coexist with private or public cloud-based hosted models and mobile requirements?
BT Group plc,
CGI Group Inc.,
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation,
Computer Sciences Corporation,
Hewlett Packard Enterprise,
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation,
Tata Consultancy Services Limited,
Tech Mahindra Limited,
Verizon Communications, Inc.,