IDC's European Printers service assesses opportunities for the full range of printers from consumer, hybrid, network, departmental, high-end office, large format, and industrial and production printers. It includes market data, analysis, and forecast updates, and covers printers and scanners, supply opportunities, distribution channels, and user segmentation. The service leverages extensive IDC user insight and vendor research from IDC's broad range of research services, such as multifunction peripherals, quarterly printer trackers, printers by region/country, quarterly PC trackers, networks, public information sources, and regular global information technology user surveys.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Production printers/MFPs: continuous form, color, and monochrome
- Production printer/MFP trends, forecast, and analysis
- Large format printers, trends, forecast, and analysis
- Printers/MFPs by technology and production segments, units, and value
- Printers/MFPs by country
- Printers by technology, speed, and value
- Printer trends, forecast, and analysis
- Printers by distribution channel and technology
- Printers by user segment
- MFP and printer convergence
- Installed base and printed page volumes
- A4 versus A3 market analysis
- Document scanners
- Printer Forecast
- Printer Market Shares
- Production Cutsheet Printer/MFP Forecast
- Production Cutsheet Printer/MFP Market Share
- Large Format Printer Forecast
- Large Format Printer Market Shares
- Label and Packaging Forecast
- Continuous Production Inkjet Printers Forecast
- Production Page Volume Forecast
- Printer Distribution Channel Forecast
- Printer Sector Forecast
- Market Analysis Perspective: Printer Review
- Regular Market News
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which printer market segments (technologies, countries) will provide the greatest growth?
- What are the main opportunities and threats for the home, hybrid, office, industrial, and production print markets?
- What is the size and dynamics of the large format printing market?
- What is the size and dynamics of the label printing and packaging market?
- What are the dynamics of the textile and garment printing market?
Bobst Group SA, Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Develop GmbH, Durst Phototechnik AG, Eastman Kodak Company, Electronics for Imaging, Inc., FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, HP Inc., KYOCERA Corporation, Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Kornit Digital Ltd., Landa Corporation, Lexmark International, Inc., Mimaki Engineering Co., Ltd., Oki Data Corporation, RISO, Inc., Ricoh Company, Ltd., SCREEN Group, Seiko Epson Corp., Sharp Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Xeikon N.V., Xerox Corporation
Meet the Experts
Quarterly Research Manager, European Quarterly Printer Market Tracker
Senior Program Director, Imaging and Hardcopy Devices and Document Solutions, European Region
Research Manager, European Imaging, Printing and Document Solutions, IDC EMEA
Research Manager, European Imaging, Printing and Document Solutions