IDC's European Printers service assesses opportunities for the full range of printers from consumer to network, departmental, and high-end devices. Market data and analysis are provided for 16 Western European countries with forecast updates. User survey research provides a balanced perspective of the market. Topics addressed in this service include supply opportunities, distribution channels, and user segmentation. Analysis also leverages on extensive IDC user and vendor research from IDC's 100-plus research services, such as multifunction peripherals, quarterly printer trackers, printers by region/country, quarterly PC trackers, networks, the Internet, and the annual Global Information Technology user survey.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Printers by technology, speed, and value
- Printers by home, small business, and medium/large business markets
- Distribution channel shares by printer technology
- Printers by country in Western Europe (16 countries)
- Printer trends, forecast, and analysis
- Printers by distribution channel
- Printers by user segment
- MFP and printer convergence
- Installed base and supplies
- End-user research
- Western European Printer Market Share, 2018
- Western European Printer Forecast, 2019–2023
- Western European Printer Channels Forecast, 2019–2023
- Western European Printer Forecast by Segment Study 2019–2023
- Western European Wireless Printing Forecast, 2019–2023
- Western European Inkjet and Laser Installed Base and Page Volume Forecast 2019–2023
- Western European Printer Forecast Update, 2019–2023
- Western European Document Scanner Market Share, 2018
- Western European Document Scanner Forecast, 2019–2023
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Which printer market segments (technologies, countries) will provide the greatest growth?
- What are the main opportunities and threats for the home, office, and commercial markets?
- What are the end-user segment shares by printer type (home, small business, etc.)?
- What are the distribution channel shares and forecasts by printer type?
Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Develop GmbH, Eastman Kodak Company, Flint Group SA, HP Inc., KYOCERA Corporation, Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., Lexmark International, Inc., Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd., Olivetti S.p.A., Ricoh Company, Ltd., Samsung, Seiko Epson Corp., Sharp Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, UTAX Gmbh, Xerox Corporation
Meet the Experts
European Managed Print & Document Services (MPDS) - Research & Consulting
Quarterly Research Manager, European Quarterly Printer Market Tracker
Vice President, European Imaging, Printing and Document Solutions, IDC EMEA
Program Director, Imaging and Hardcopy Devices and Document Solutions, European RegionSolutions
Research Manager, European Imaging, Printing and Document Solutions, IDC EMEA