target audience: TECH BUYER Publication date: Mar 2023 - Document type: Tech Buyer Presentation - Doc Document number: # US47706822
How Finance as a Service Supports the CFO Agenda
This IDC Tech Buyer Presentation looks at U.S. CFOs' current priorities, challenges, and investments in cloud as part of outsourced finance and accounting services. It specifically looks at adoption of finance as a service (BPaaS) (public, private, and hybrid) and order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, and record-to-report processes deployed in the cloud. It also provides insights into realized benefits and how this supports the CFO agenda.
Data depicted in this presentation comes from IDC's 2022 Worldwide Finance and Accounting Business Process Services Survey, which was fielded from August to October, 2022. This study surveyed almost 800 global buyers and decisions makers of outsourced finance and accounting business process services with a representation across industries, company sizes, IT/LOB roles, and job titles, including CFOs and heads of finance.
This study probed on the following areas:
- Business priorities and challenges within the finance organization
- Finance and accounting business process services spend
- Evolution of service delivery models
- Finance transformation initiatives executed versus planned
- Economic impact on finance and accounting BPS spend
- BPaaS adoption/cloud deployment by process
- Finance analytics
- ESG and financial reporting