Deliver business and customer outcomes
with Customer Experience
IDC defines customer experience as a customer’s perception and emotional response to the sum of the interactions and engagement with an enterprise.
An enterprise can use several elements to influence Customer Experience:
Customer Experience Processes
Internal Processes that support Customer Experience Processes
Customer Success and Loyalty strategies
Deepening Customer Understanding through Customer Intelligence and Voice of Customer techniques
Product / Service Experiences
Organizational Culture and Structure
Customer experience responsibility now stretches over several business functions, and not just marketing or sales. Learn more about the customer experience market and explore IDC’s European Customer Experience Management Strategies research and see why this area is such a critical component of the Future Enterprise.
Customer Success – the Salesforce approach
Read about Salesforce's approach to customer success. Find out how it organizes and manages its Customer Success Group and the role it plays in lowering customer churn, market share growth and long-term loyalty, advocacy and customer value.
CX Technology Purchasing Is Changing Fast – What Do You Need to Know?
The world of CX is changing fast in mysterious and confusing ways. Sort out ‘the wheat from the chaff’ in this webinar where we explore the key data points and trends that signal changes in CX technology purchasing forever:
- Customer Success services trump CX product features and functions
- Guided customer journeys replace funnels and omni-channel
- ChatGPT enabling intelligent real-time content and customer conversations
- 1st party customer data compliance, sovereignty and personalisation
- Intent and context frames customer engagement
- Listening and reaction ‘pull’ betters standard ‘push’ marcomms
- Revealing your voice / showing you care... sustainability, environment, vulnerable citizens, etc
- New success metrics and measures for the digital age
CX, Customer Success & Loyalty
- Reduced acquisition costs
- Improved response rates
- Easier and faster deals
- Account retention
- Account expansion
- Growth engine
- Strong brand
- Future confidence
Read our latest insight about customer experience, business opportunities, why it is essential and how to improve and measure it.Read Blogs
IDC TECHTALK PODCAST
Insights on the current and future state of the CX marketListen to the Podcast
Meet the Team
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Please submit your contact details and message and we will connect you with the right experts at IDC.
Customer Experience is the top strategic priority among European enterprises. It is driven by product commoditization, rising customer expectations, intensified global competition and new CX technologies. However, the ability to improve satisfaction requires empathy with customers at scale. The 3Cs to delivering empathy at scale are Consent, Conversations and Customer Journeys.
- IDC European Customer Experience Survey, 2018 (n = 300)
- Worldwide Customer Experience Software Forecast, 2018–2022
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Customer Experience 2019 Predictions
- IDC European Vertical Market Survey, 2018 (n = 2,759)
- IDC's Western Europe AI/Cognitive Solutions Survey, 2018 (n = 350)