Hardcopy Peripherals Market Share
Updated: 16 October 2023
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Shipments Decreased 11.7% Year Over Year in the Second Quarter of 2023, According to IDC
NEEDHAM, Mass., August 31, 2023 – Worldwide shipments of hardcopy peripherals declined 11.7% year over year to 19.5 million units in the second quarter of 2023 (2Q23). Shipment value also contracted 0.9% year over year during the quarter to $9.5 billion, according to new data from the International Data Corporation. Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker.
Notable highlights from the quarter include:
- The decline in both units and value was caused by the fulfillment of pent-up demand and over-stocking from prior quarters. Sluggish consumer demand continues to plague the global market with reduced sell-through and a pessimistic economic outlook.
- The three largest regional markets – China, the United States, and Western Europe – all experienced year-over-year declines in 2Q23, driven by decreased demand for A4 printers from both commercial and consumer segments. In the short term, demand from the non-commercial segment is projected to remain low while commercial demand is likely to remain strong, particularly for A3 printers.
- Brother and Pantum were the only two vendors in the top 5 to post positive results in 2Q23 with shipment growth of 9.6% and 14.6%, respectively. Contributing factors included their successful efforts in catering to the commercial sector where their lower price band models saw some traction among small and medium-sized businesses.
Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Market, Unit Shipments, Company Share, and Year-Over-Year Growth, Q2 2023 (based on unit shipments)
|1. HP Inc.||6,776,445||34.8%||8,713,285||39.5%||-22.2%|
|2. Canon Group||4,087,576||21.0%||4,428,881||20.1%||-7.7%|
Worldwide Top 5 HCP Companies, 2023Q2 Unit Market Share
|Company||2022Q1 Marker Share||2022Q2 Marker Share||2022Q3 Marker Share||2022Q4 Marker Share||2023Q1 Marker Share||2023Q2 Marker Share|
- IDC tracks A2-A4 devices in the Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals.
- Hardcopy Peripherals include single-function printers, multifunctional systems (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC). Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.